- RSS Channel Showcase 8512012
- RSS Channel Showcase 4937872
- RSS Channel Showcase 3579361
- RSS Channel Showcase 3947120
Articles on this Page
- 06/15/18--01:29: _The Guardian - Poli...
- 06/19/18--01:46: _Tok FM: Brexit - cz...
- 06/22/18--02:59: _Sky News: Two years...
- 06/26/18--00:51: _Aljazeera: As EU sl...
- 07/02/18--00:11: _Aljazeera: EU refor...
- 07/02/18--00:59: _BBC The Real Story:...
- 07/03/18--03:08: _BBC Radio 4- Today ...
- 07/04/18--02:36: _Parliament Live: EU...
- 07/05/18--03:37: _Parliament Live: EU...
- 07/05/18--04:08: _CNBC: EU already lo...
- 06/19/18--01:46: Tok FM: Brexit - czy możliwe jest kolejne referendum?
- 07/02/18--00:11: Aljazeera: EU reform, migration and the economy
- 07/02/18--00:59: BBC The Real Story: Can the EU Survive?
- 07/03/18--03:08: BBC Radio 4- Today programme: British trade post-Brexit
- 07/04/18--02:36: Parliament Live: EU policing and security co-operation
- 07/05/18--03:37: Parliament Live: EU External Affairs Sub-Committee
- 07/05/18--04:08: CNBC: EU already losing patience with the UK over Brexit
After a dramatic week of Brexit brinkmanship in the Commons, what has actually changed? As Tory rebels and Brexiters both claim the other side blinked first, our expert panel will fill you in on what really happened – and what comes next. Joining Pippa Crerar this week are our political correspondent Jessica Elgot, Allie Renison from the Institute of Directors and Sam Lowe from the Centre for European Reform.
Agata Gostyńska-Jakubowska speaks to Tok FM about whether there can be a second referendum in the UK and on the Withdrawal Bill.
John Springford, deputy director of the Centre for European Reform speaks to Adam Boulton on Sky News about his research published tomorrow on the effect of the referendum on UK growth.
The EU has imposed tariffs on a wide range of US goods in response to American duties on steel and aluminium, Sam Lowe a research fellow at the Centre for European Reform speaks to Aljazeera 'Inside story' to discuss tariffs, trade wars and Trump.
John Springford, the deputy director of the Centre for European Reform, says "bringing in more people definitely helps" EU countries economically. "What's really important is that those people are quickly integrated into the labour market, into society, so that they find jobs quickly and they start being productive helpful members of society."
Asked about tariffs imposed by the Trump administration and their effect on the EU, Springford says, "If the trade war escalates, and the US imposes tariffs on cars ... the EU is quite vulnerable to that. It's difficult to say how the EU should respond. On the one hand, if they say, 'Trump just imposed tariffs on us and we are not going to respond,' it may well embolden Trump to go further and particularly the trade balance between US and EU does not improve.
"But on the other hand, if they do escalate the trade war, then it might become a kind of fight to the death and we might see some severe restrictions on transatlantic trade which won't help anyone ... I think the EU has no easy options."
John Springford, deputy director of the Centre for European Reform along with Claire jones, Paul Mason and Josef Janning discuss the future of the EU on the BBC's Real Story.
Sam Lowe a research fellow at the Centre for European Reform spoke to the Today programme (from 56.15 mins) about the unknown costs British companies face after Brexit.
If the government gave firms Brexit advice it could be seen as acknowledgement of costs from leaving EU “but that’s not a reason not to...it’s due diligence. A responsible government would be taking this a lot more seriously” .
Camino Mortera-Martinez (from 15.40 mins), a research fellow at the Centre for European Reform along with Claude Moraes MEP gave evidence on EU policing and security co-operation.
Sam Lowe (from 10.05 mins), a research fellow at the Centre for European Reform along with Susan Morley and Joseph Owen gave evidence on post-Brexit customs proposals.
"The chances of a no-deal scenario are rising," says Agata Gostynska-Jakubowska, senior research fellow at the Centre for European Reform.